Check out these incredibly useful winter hacks to help you survive the brutal cold weather in winter.
Winter can be a grueling thing to get through and people who survive harsh winters every year deserve applause.
In case you’re experiencing your first major winter or simply need some more ideas on how to get through it, here are several hacks that will help you avoid painful and unfortunate situations. And they will save you a couple of bucks too.
1. How to keep your car doors un-frozen: By applying cooking spray to the cracks of your doors and along the rubber, this will keep them from freezing shut.
2. How to prevent wiper blades from freezing to your windshield: Soak a cloth with rubbing alcohol (full-strength) and wipe the blades.
3. How to keep your bed warm: Place a hot water bottle in your bed in order to keep it warm before you get in it. This will also keep it warm all night.
4. No, this isn’t for cold feet. By keeping a pair of socks in your glove box, you’re saving time if you ever need to get out of your car to push it over ice since the wool will create much better traction when put over your shoes.
5. How to save energy during winter: Invest in an electric blanket if you plan on staying in the same spot for a while.
7. How to melt your sidewalk: Grab 2 quarts of rubbing alcohol, 1 cup of warm water, and teaspoon of dish detergent. Pour this concoction over your walkways to prevent them from re-freezing. You may ditch the salt as well.
8. Are spinning tires a problem when out in the snow? Keep a bag of kitty litter in your trunk at all times so you can throw some under your tire if it has lost its traction.
9. You can also put your floor mat under your tire to gain traction.
10 Keep your headlights on and bright by preventing snow from sticking to them. Simply rub car was on them.
11 Well, this is brilliant. I really hate a cold toilet seat. It is the worst feeling. Does this really need explaining?
12 Nope, not for your hands. Just put some hand sanitizer on your key as you unlock your car. Alcohol to the rescue again.
13. Cover each headlight with toothpaste and then rinse with warm water to improve the clarity of your headlights.
14. Don’t forget to switch you ceiling fan on the low setting in reverse (clockwise).
15. Fix your damaged heels. I’d sure hate to wear these around ice.
16. Flat hat hair from the slopes? Fix that hair with some dry shampoo.
17. This may look funny, but it works. Cover your windshield wipers at night to keep the snow off.
18. Who know this everyday household item would come in such handy? Put shaving cream on the inside of your windows and then wipe it right off. It contains many of the same ingredients as defoggers.
19. Dry your boots inside and without the mess. Use a pebble boot tray and the ice and mud will drain through the rocks to the bottom of the tray.
20. Prevent heat from escaping through your windows by using bubble wrap and spraying water onto the window to help insulate it.
21. Cut up some wool insoles for added warmth.
22. Don’t ever use vinegar to de-ice as it will create pits in the glass.
23. Those pool noodles your probably miss using during the summer
24. Orange peel fire starter
25. Having trouble using your bike in the snow? Place some zip ties evenly around each tire.
Some pretty cool ideas huh? If you liked these winter life hacks… make sure to check out the 50 best life hacks ever!
Let us know if you have anymore by leaving them in the comment section below, and don’t forget to give this a share before you go. (h/t imgur) (photos via imgur / not credited)