Pictures from the Victorian era are downright funny and odd, but in their defense photography was still something very new.
Victorian Pictures weren’t as instant as they are today and some had to hold poses for several hours, which explains why some people in the photos look basically uncomfortable.
Another thought to factor in is the price of photography during the Victorian era and poor dental hygiene.
Very few could afford photography and many were reluctant to show their teeth. Despite all the obstacles, their humor about it all is undeniable.
1. A Victorian Couple Trying Not To Laugh While Getting Their Portraits Done, 1890s
2. A Unique Tea Setting For Two
3. Cakewalk Dance
4. Three Fashionable Young Men At Yale, 1883
5. A Snow Lady, 1892
6. Unusual Portrait Of A Victorian Lady, 1840
7. Awkward Family Photo, Victorian Edition
8. Tsar Nicholas II Goofing Around, 1899
9. Vintage Humor
10. Piggy Nose
11. Men And Women Cross Dress In This Silly Victorian Snap, 1880-1900
12. Say That Again, And I’ll Dip You In, 1897
13. Unknown Victorian In Mid-jump
14. Vacation Sports At The Seaside
15. Richard Freiherr Von Krafft-Ebing
16. This Is As Close To A Cictorian Selfie As It’s Going To Get
17. The Victorians From France
18. Courting In The 1800s Never Looked Better
19. Smiling Victorians
20. Tsar Nicholas II Goofing Around, 1899
21. Victorians Pulling Face, 1900
Like what you’re reading? Be sure to give this post a thumbs up and a share with your friends on Facebook before you go.
For more stories, subscribe to our free e-mail list. (h/t whizzpast)