What’s a supervillain without his/her lair? What would Loki be without Asgard, Magneto without his orbital base, and Doctor Doom without Latveria?!
These diabolical characters require uniquely wicked havens as they attempt to destroy mankind. While we know comic book villains don’t exist in real life, it doesn’t mean we can’t build awesomely creative buildings that look as though they were made to house some of the evilest villains around.
From a dancing house in Prague to a train station in Lyon to a congress center in Hangzhou, and a research institute in Berlin each of these architectural wonders is impeccable.
1. Philadelphia City Hall, Philadelphia, USA
2. Buzludzha, Bulgaria
3. Mahanakhon Tower, Bangkok, Thailand
4. Polygone Riviera, France
5. Riverside Museum, Glasgow, UK
6. Former Research Institute For Experimental Medicine, Berlin, Germany
7. Fort Alexander (Plague Fort), Saint Petersburg, Russia
8. Catholic Church, Paks, Hungary
9. Bahnhof Office Built Into A Former Anti-Atomic Shelter, Stockholm, Sweden
10. Maison St Cyr, Brussels, Belgium
11. Clermont-Ferrand Cathedral, Clermont-Ferrand, France
12. Dc Tower I, Vienna, Austria
13. The National Library Of Belarus, Minsk, Belarus
14. Expiatori Del Sagrat Cor, Mount Tibidabo, Barcelona, Spain
15. Hallgrímskirkja, Reykjavík, Iceland
16. The Maze Tower, Dubai, UAE
17. Temppeliaukion Church, Helsinki, Finland#18 Oakley Headquarters, Foothill Ranch, Lake Forest, USA
18. Oakley Headquarters, Foothill Ranch, Lake Forest, USA
19. Basque Health Department Headquarters In Bilbao, Spain
20. Aiguille Du Midi, French Alps
21. Ferrari World, Abu Dhabi, UAE
22. Taipei 101 Observatory, Taipei City, Taiwan
Like what you’re reading? Be sure to give this post a thumbs up and a share with your friends on Facebook before you go.