Microscope photography allows us to view objects in new ways that the human eye never could.
There are microscopic things all around us. When these tiny organisms we ignore each day are put under microscopes, their intricate detail is astonishing.
These are some of the strangest sites to see. Who knew that dust could look that colorful? Here are 30 cool photos of amazing things under a microscope.
1. A wood ant holding a microchip in its mandibles
2. Butterfly eggs on a raspberry plant
3. A micro-crack in steel
4. Household dust
5. Needle and thread
6. E.coli bacteria on lettuce
7. Beard hairs under a scanning electron microscope: cut with razor (left) and electric shaver (right)
8. A moth wing
9. Head of an embryonic Zebrafish with 500x magnification
10. This picture shows the aftermath of fayalite reacting with gaseous CO2 to form siderite, thereby capturing the CO2 in a solid, stable form.
11. A piece of dentine with dentinal tubules from human tooth, after demineralization using etching with 37% phosphoric acid for 15 seconds and 10% sodium hypochlorite for 1 minute.
12. Shark skin (left) and a foot of a fly (right)
13. The head of a maggot of a bluebottle fly
14. A mite, magnified about 850x
15. Leaf of a Virginia spiderwort
16. The green chloropasts in the plant cells
17. Spherical spores produced by the fungus Emericella nidulans are coated in a thin layer of the protein hydrophobic. Hydrophobin ensures that water rolls off the spores.
18. A bacterium living on the diatom of an amphipod
19. Leg of a Gecko
20. A Marine Worm, 58x magnification
22. A bud of a sand dollar (or sea cookie) with 4348x magnification
23. Abdomen of a mosquito
25. Human eyelash
26. Salt and pepper
27.Used dental floss
29. Vinyl Disc
30. A sutured wound
31. A human embryo on tip of a pen
32. Face of an ant
33. T4 bacteriophage (virus)
Pretty incredible huh? Let us know what you think about these cool photos below, and if you thought this was interesting, don’t forget to give this a like and a share in Facebook.