CanYouActually.com is a website that has a clear purpose, and that’s to provide entertainment for people.
Behind CanYouActually.com is a team that tirelessly scours the web for interesting and entertaining content.
If we find a piece of content that passes through our screening process, then it will land into one of our categories.
We even have a section dedicated to in-depth product reviews.
Example: Best blender for smoothies 2017
Example: Best memory foam mattress 2017
While CanYouActually.com may be geared towards entertaining content, we are still picky in our selection process. Aside from being entertaining, we usually filter our content by asking another question – Is it inspiring?
And, that’s what makes CanYouActually.com unique as we are not fond of just posting senseless entertainment.
It seems that our stringent selection process helped us gain success at some levels as CanYouActually.com has already been mentioned in some worthy publications like GameInformer, CollegeHumor, Distractify, Little Things, Medium, Cracked, Design Taxi, Adweek, AOL, Buzzfeed, India times, Nerdist, Wikipedia, and the New York Times.
In fact, one of CanYouActually.com’s posts earned a spot in the “Top 10 Facebook Posts of 2015.”
We, at CanYouActually.com, are all grateful for all of the support and that’s why we decided to give back. As of the moment, CanYouActually.com is sponsoring a scholarship.
CanYouActually.com will be giving out a $1,000 scholarship to 1 student who joins our essay writing contest. As this is a scholarship award, you must be a student that is presently enrolled in a high school, university or college to be eligible to join the contest.
When it comes to writing the essay, you can recruit all the help you need. However, the participant must be able to show proof that he or she has a GPA of at least 2.5.
1. The topic of the essay must be related to CanYouActually.com.
- This could be about the importance of entertainment or how entertainment in the information age is different. We also require that the essay must be at least 2,000 words. Essays that are less than 2,000 words are automatically disqualified.
2. The essay must be written in US English.
3. We also require that the submitted essay must be original and unpublished.
4. For interested parties, the essay must be submitted to email@example.com.
- Aside from the written essay, we also require that the student submits an updated CV as well as a copy of the “letter of acceptance” from the university or college that the student is presently enrolled in.
Selection of the Winner
CanYouActually.com has complete autonomy in deciding the winner of the essay writing contest. All essays are judged upon a number of criteria such as creativity, the amount of factual research provided, relevancy to the topic and the flow of the essay.
Spelling and grammar are also checked rigorously. The winner of the contest will be contacted through e-mail or phone.
Important Dates to Remember:
* The contest ends on July 31, 2018.
* The winner will be announced in August 2018.