You’re going to find many of the scary pictures below downright disturbing and unbelievable.
Some were taken minutes before or after tragedies and on deathbeds.
These scary pictures made their way into news headlines and buzzed around the internet for their mysterious nature.
They’re morbid and will definitely freak you out. They include demons, ghosts, murders, and horrific car accidents.
Check out the gallery of creepy pictures with horrifying backstories below:
1. Aerial view of Jonestown
An American religious organization under the leadership of Jim Jones, in northwestern Guyana. A total of 909 Americans died in Jonestown, all but two from apparent cyanide poisoning, in an event termed “revolutionary suic*de”.
2. This woman in this photo is actually dead. Her husband took it two days after she passed away. There’s no word on what her cause of death was.
Photographs (similar to the one above) of deceased loved ones were a normal part of American and European culture in the nineteenth and early twentieth centuries.
You can check out more info about that here.
3. A little Polish girl who grew up in a concentration camp drawing a picture of “home.”
A child in a residence for disturbed children was asked to draw a picture of home. It shows how the horrors of the concentration camp warped her mind.
4. This man is unable to get off the subway tracks in New York City with a train bearing down.
The New York Post’s controversial photo taken of 58-year-old Queens resident Ki Suk Han, seconds before being fatally struck by a train.
He was reportedly pushed onto the tracks at 12:30 pm by a panhandler.
5. A group of friends in Beirut, Lebanon, moments before a car bomb explosion, and then moments after. (The bomb was in the gold car you see in the first photo.)
6. 23-year-old Evelyn McHale’s body after leaping from the Empire State Building and landing on a United Nations limousine. Some call this picture “the world’s most beautiful suicide.”
7. Shell-shocked soldier in the trenches of the First World War.
Shell shock is a reaction to the intensity of the bombardment and fighting that produced a helplessness appearing variously as panic and being scared.
8. Omayra Sanchez, young victim of the Armero Tragedy in Colombia, 1985
A victim of a Colombian volcano disaster. Omayra Sanchez was trapped in water and concrete for three days. This photo was taken shortly before she died.
9. The aftermath of a car accident in 1945.
The result of traveling at a high rate of speed without wearing a seat belt.
10. Real Life Vampira
In 1882 and 1884, Madam Violet of Edinburgh was voted scariest woman alive. She was apart of the notoriously dark vampire hive located in the U.K.
11. The body of John Torrington.