A good pun is much appreciated — both in media and in print.
Puns, also known as paronomasia, is the best and most humorous form of wordplay (arguably).
Although puns have a long history in human writing and were, for a period of time, non-humorous in poetry, modern puns illustrated and written below resonate a great deal and are proof that a pun can be inserted nearly anywhere.
The idiomatic, comedic expressions below are too good to ignore.
1. My puns aren’t just bad….
2. Sounds like an ex-straw-dinary employee:
3. If you’re looking for a sweet backup plan:
5. Steak pun
5. If you’re looking for puns with some Shaquille appeal:
6. That escalated quickly
7. Ask your pizza delivery guy for a joke, and he’ll deliver:
8. A Praguematic approach to business:
9. You have to appreciate the gravity of this situation:
10. If you’re looking for a pun to lighten to mood:
11. This may seem sad, but stay positive. I know you can:
12. If you only take your ice cream in organic cones:
13. When you’ve lost Access to Microsoft Office, go Outlooking:
14. It’s hard to get any work done with these two hanging around:
15. If you’re sick of Bill Posters always hanging around your place:
16. I’m sensing a strong future for this florist:
17. I can’t green B how bad this pun is:
18. According to Wikipedia, this debate is really heating up:
19. If you’ve got enough Monet to buy Degas to make this Van Gogh:
20. This pun makes a lot of cents:
21. If you’re into good, clean puns:
22. They’ll groom any pet! (Except snakes.)
23. In France, this is called a “Royale with cheese”:
24. Will the puns stop? Yo, I don’t know.
25. When someone tells you there’s a massive leak in your fridge:
26. If you’re in the mood for a killer pun:
Like what you’re reading? Be sure to give this post a thumbs up and a share with your friends on Facebook before you go. For more stories, subscribe to our free e-mail list. (h/t BuzzFeed)