Finding the best whole house water filter can be pretty challenging. The market is saturated with the numerous water filters making it difficult to chose the one right for your home.
We hope our in-depth review guide below will make your decision a little bit easier.
Whole house water filtration systems reduce chemicals and contaminants in your water throughout your house.
It connects to your main water supply line that supplies your house with water and dispenses clean, uncontaminated water out of your sink faucets, shower faucets, and even your laundry faucets–pretty much every place that you get water from in your home.
This water washes your dishes, your skin, and you even drink it, so why not make sure that it’s the best quality water possible?
Having one of these systems is extremely beneficial because they purify your drinking water, reduce hard water spots on dishes and clothes, and can remove harsh chemicals like chlorine.
It also decontaminates your water of other toxic substances like iron, fluoride, rust, arsenic, and sediment. When choosing a filtration system, it is important to consider flow rate, filter size, filter life, and port size.
These determine the water pressure in your home, the extent of filtration of chemicals, and how difficult or easy maintenance of your filter will be.
Aquasana 1,000,000 Gallon
This Aquasana filtration system comes with an activated carbon filter that reduces levels of pesticides, herbicides, and other hazardous chemicals in your water.
It also removes up to 97% of chlorine in the water–during showers, chlorine can escape and evaporate into the air.
Aquasana’s filtration system removes this chemical, improving the overall quality of air in your home and making showers and baths easier on your hair and skin.
It comes with an easy professional installation kit. This water filter is great for your home if any members of your family have asthma and other breathing problems, or dry skin and brittle hair.
- Aquasana Rhino exceeds NSF standards by removing 97% of chlorine for up to 1,000,000 gallons
- ACTIVATED CARBON FILTER: reduces herbicides, pesticides and other chemical compounds that may be present.
- Includes pre-filter, copper-zinc and carbon filtration stages with standard fittings
- Filtering your water improves indoor air quality by reducing chemicals that vaporize in shower steam
- Great tasting, healthy water throughout your home
Check out what everyone else is saying about the Aquasana, and buy one here.
It filters out up to 95% of sediments, rust, chlorine, and heavy metals.
It has a 100,000-gallon capacity and a one-inch port that improves water pressure up to fifteen gallons-per-minute.
The iSpring Whole House Filtration System is the best water filter for your home if you are tired of constantly maintaining your current filter.
- Jumbo filters improve flow rate and reduce maintenance frequency
- Top notch purification – removes up to 95% of sediment, rust, chlorine, heavy metal, VOCs and other contaminants that contribute bad tastes and odors
- NSF certified gradient density sediment filter achieves finer filtration with greater dirt catching capacity. Down to 1 micron filtration
- 100,000-Gallon capacity NSF certified coconut shell active carbon filter provides one year of clean water for a family of four
- NSF certified filter housings with 1 inch ports allows the strongest water pressure possible – up to 15 GPM.
You can read more about the iSpring 3-Stage Big Blue and buy one here.
Watts WH-LD Premier
With a built-in bypass valve system, the Watts WH-LD Premier filtration system is extremely easy to maintain and does not require you to shut off the water in your house before, during, or after maintenance.
This package comes with three replacement filters and a wrench. It’s also one of the cheaper options so that’s something to consider.
If you are on a budget, but still want to purify the water in your home, this Watts filtration system is perfect for you! It’s also extremely easy to install.
- Reduces Sediment, Dirt, & Rust
- Built in By-Pass Valve
- Includes 3 filters and Wrench
- Stainless Steel inserts for easy installation
- NSF Tested & Certified
Check out what everyone else is saying, and buy one here.
The 3M Aqua-Pure filtration system comes with a non-corrosive stainless-steel head. Its flow rate is 20 gallons per minute, an extremely high level of pressure.
The cartridges easily twist on and off, so the filter doesn’t require tools to install or uninstall it, and you don’t have to make contact with the filter when replacing it.
This keeps you away from the filtered contents that may be hazardous. It has a carbon filter that gets rid of that harsh chlorine smell and color.
If you want an easy, hassle-free installation process, this filter may be the best one for you.
- Non-corrosive stainless steel head is allows for “sweat in place” installation
- Carbon filter media reduces chlorine taste and odor
- System materials are FDA CFR-21 compliant
- High flow rate provides 20 gallons (75.7 liters) of filtered water per minute
- Cartridges simply twist off for replacement—no tools, no contact with filter material
Looking to buy a 3M Aqua-Pure? You can get your hands on one by clicking here.
This APEX filtration system comes with a three-part filter.
The polypropylene sediment pre-filter helps to get rid of larger pieces of sediment, heavy metals, and insects.
The second and third filters are made of activated alumina and a granular activated carbon pad that get rid of the smaller particles, such as chemicals like chlorine, fluoride, and arsenic.
It has a wide cartridge design that is perfect for not only apartments and houses, but also for a larger office, medical, and food service buildings.
You can buy this system on Amazon here.
- 20″ polypropylene sediment pre-filter extracts suspended materials such as sediment, rust, insects, and other particles down to 5 micron.
- Multi-stage 20″ filter that consists of 1 micron filter pad, Activated Alumina, another 1-micron pad & Granular Activated Carbon (GAC) effectively removes fluoride, arsenic, chlorine, heavy metals and hundreds of contaminants from water.
- NSF approved, acid washed, high performance coconut shell activated carbon filter absorbs heavy chlorine byproducts such as chloramines, THM, and TCE.
You can read more about the APEX and buy one here.
Our Pick: Best Whole House Water Filtration System
The best home filtration system we recommend would be the Aquasana.
Not only does it exceed NSF standards by removing 97% of chlorine for up to 1,000,000 gallons of water, it also has a ten year warranty and tank life which makes the price a little more justified.
The Aquasana comes with a pro-grade installation kit so you can install it yourself, but we recommend having a professional install it since it can be quite complicated.