Where would we be today without the inventions of the past? Probably nowhere…
Without some of these trailblazers and their interesting inventions we wouldn’t have the technology we do now.
1. Life jackets created out of bicycle tubes. (Germany, 1925)
2. A single-wheel motorcycle with a maximum speed of 150 km/h. (Italy, 1931)
3. Amphibious bicycle that is able to be ridden on land as well as water. Maximum weight on water was 120kg. (France, 1932)
4. An all terrain vehicle (that remains level at all times). Capable of overcoming slopes up to 65°. (1931)
5. A hat that is also a radio. (USA, 1931)
6. A piano for bedridden people. (England, 1935)
7. Analog GPS navigation that utilizes a scrolling map. The scroll speed depends on the speed of the car. (1932)
8. An expanding bridge, capable of holding massive amounts of weight. It gets transported on a trolley. (Netherlands, 1926)
9. An early contraption that could be compared to a modern day hair dryer.
10. A baby stroller in case of a gas attack. (England, 1938)
11. A revolver that captures an image right before the trigger is pressed. (USA, 1938)
12. A double mouthpiece, that holds two cigarettes – a chain smokers paradise. (1932)
13. A mask that was supposed to help Hollywood actresses fight against hangovers. It is made up of ice cubes stuck in different spots that cool the face. It was coined by Max Factor. (USA, 1947)
14. A bike for the entire family… that also has a built in sewing machine. (USA, 1939)
15. A shield to protect the face during snow storms and blizzards. Now that’s weird! (Canada, 1939)
16. A mouthpiece that allows a person to smoke in the rain. Like a sir. (1931)
17. A device that would teach a child how to walk. (Switzerland, 1939)
You can check out more photos from history (HERE).
What did you think about these? Drop us a comment below and make sure to give these a share on Facebook before you go. (h/t iliketowastemytime)